Planning Specific Route

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 540S
I haven't been able to plan a specific route. I use an unusual route for my commute home, this is based on years of experience. I would like to be able to plan that specific route and store it in my XXL 540S. I have the traffic module and it would show me reported traffic delays which would allow me to select alternate routes if traffic was too bad. as it stands now I get past the point of no return before that route is selected and I sometimes get an unwanted surprise due to traffic delays that weren't reported.

Is there a way to specify and save a specific route?

You probably could use Itinerary Planning.

See more information here on using Google Maps/3rd party application (TYRE) to create an itinerary for your unit.

With itinerary planning, you decide the waypoints to visit but TomTom still decides HOW to get to each waypoint. So, in your situation, the more waypoints you use (max of 48 per itinerary), the less likely it is for TT to deviate from YOUR desired route.

Ask a Question