Phone messaging

I am the proud owner of a go 720. I have a question about a subject I have not seen on this forum. Why can't I read or write messages from or to my 720? The icon is there, but when i touch it it goes to an option screen where all the icons are greyed out.

I am the proud owner of a go 720. I have a question about a subject I have not seen on this forum. Why can't I read or write messages from or to my 720? The icon is there, but when i touch it it goes to an option screen where all the icons are greyed out.

This option is intended for use with a compatible cell phone paired via bluetooth. Phones I've paired with my TomTom don't appear to be compatible. And though I haven't looked hard, I have yet to see anyone claim their phone is compatible.

Has anyone ever seen this work?

I own a 720 as well? yeah so is mine.. i wonder why i cant read or write any either.. some one clue us in!! :) ??? I have a verizon XV6700 PPC phone.. with Bluetooth..

Not sure about your phone's compatibility, you'll have to check the tomtom website at a minimum, but I tried three different phones with these results:

1. Service Provider: AT&t. Phone: Sony Ericcson T61. Upon sending the text message, the TomTom announced the message and read it out loud.

2. Service Provider: AT&T. Phone: Blackberry Curve. Text receipt did not work, but I recall that this phone is not compatible with text messaging.

3. Service Provider: Sprint. Phone Blackberry 8703e. Didn't even pair, but was also not on the compatibility list.

I eventually returned the 720 and settled for a another brand. I really like the features of the 720, but the limited mobile phone compatibility and call back issues I had were enough for me to move on. Will be keeping an eye on tomtom when I'm in need of a new unit.

Ask a Question