Phone Data Setup

TomTom Model(s)
HELP!!!!!!!
Can anyone direct me to a location where I can figure out how to "Manually" setup my TomTom with my Moto Q9?

Here's what I have . . .
TomTom 730 GPS Device
AT&T version of Moto Q9
I have unlimited data and voice on this phone . . .

But its asking me for all sorts of info . . . like
Access Point
username
password
IP Address
Dial

I got the access point from at&t and its wap.cingular
username = blank
password= blank
obtain DNS = Auto
Dial = NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS?????? It had a default value of *99# and it doesn't work.
Script = blank

Any help here would be great.
I'm a little lost.

Mark in Brea

HELP!!!!!!!
Can anyone direct me to a location where I can figure out how to "Manually" setup my TomTom with my Moto Q9?

Here's what I have . . .
TomTom 730 GPS Device
AT&T version of Moto Q9
I have unlimited data and voice on this phone . . .

But its asking me for all sorts of info . . . like
Access Point
username
password
IP Address
Dial

I got the access point from at&t and its wap.cingular
username = blank
password= blank
obtain DNS = Auto
Dial = NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS?????? It had a default value of *99# and it doesn't work.
Script = blank

Any help here would be great.
I'm a little lost.

Mark in Brea

When you are trying to setup your cell if your unit is not listed it will highlight some unit that is close to yours. Try selecting this unit to set it up. I had a raza V9 which did not show when setting it up but I used what was hightlighted and it worked well without the manual setting. If this does not work you will have to call at&t to get your manual settings.

Actually . . . . .

. . . I found out that I do have a Motorola Q9-H which is listed by TomTom but I think its the settings that are wrong. I tried to use other forums to get the correct information, but am getting no where.

I have spoken to AT&T, Motorola and TomTom.

How tough can this be? I surprised that all of their fingers aren't tired pointing at the other guy for the problem.

Why doesn't someone simply list a step by step guideline for getting this setup maually? Sure seems to me that TomTom is limiting the revenue of TomTom services by not making this easier. Obviously I'm ot going to buy real time traffic and gas prices if I can't get the thing to work. And I'm sure I'm not a lone.

Mark in Brea :eek:

It seems like you got the correct settings. The same config appeared to work here.

Double check that you don't have a typo, and try to connect a laptop to the internet via those settings, that way you make sure you AT&T acct is provisioned correctly.

One more thing to try:

AT&T may be referring to the old AT&T wireless from a few years ago.

The "Cingular (media works)" cellco setting has worked for others without need for manual settings.

A little more info . . .

. . . I read the other link you had in your previous email and it looks like I have the same settings except . . .

What should "Dial" be? The default for my phone is *99#
I am in the USA and I have seen other setting on line that use #777.

What is "scripting"? I have that blank also.

Thanks. :eek:

Last edited:
Try the "Cingular media works" option first, it's easier if it works.

Are you given a choice of cellphone companies when setting up data? If not, go to HOME -> Add traffic, voices, etc... -> Items on Computer, and then add the latest "phone connection settings" to your Tomtom.

Try the "Cingular media works" option first, it's easier if it works.

Are you given a choice of cellphone companies when setting up data? If not, go to HOME -> Add traffic, voices, etc... -> Items on Computer, and then add the latest "phone connection settings" to your Tomtom.

some people

Try this...

APN = wap.cingular
DIAL = *99#
SCRIPT = AT+CGDCONT=1,”IP”,”wap.cingular”

Last edited:
Another Failure . . . .

Tried the setting from message previous and even though it tried longer with this script setting . . . it still said it was unable to setup wireless data connection.

How does a regular person use this feature????:confused:

data services

what a problem this is you think they would make this easier. i couldnt get mine to work but then i tap on cingular media works and it worked. then after two days it goes down on me. a reset gets it back up for two more days. does tomtom have any intentions of fixing this problem. they tell me its my phone. its not my phone its their app 8.351 thats causing problems. anybody having problems like this. maxe

Bluetooth is unstable on app 8.351. It needs a pin reset or "plug into HOME" reboot ever couple of days, especially if you use the handsfree calling a lot.

If you don't use the FM transmitter, you can try downgrading to app 8.302, as the bluetooth was more stable on that version.

Ask a Question