cell phone and data connection require Pin Reset

I changed phone service to AT&T with a Sony Ericcson w518. Bluetooth and data service connected fine with my TT930. When I attempt to use the TT930 after shutting it off, I must do a pin reset to reestablish the data conncetion. I tried using the flash tool but it did not really change things...I get the data service after rebooting but once shut off, I must pin reset the device to establish data connection. I happy to have this service, but wonder is there anyway to circumvent this? I have a TT930T with ver 8.351.

I changed my cell carrier since my sprint phone no longer would establish the data service after working for nearly a year.

Regards,

Bill

update

Thanks for your help.

I did the downgrade to 8.302, but still had issues with the data connection dropping while using plus traffic. I noticed three things: 1. If I cut the traffic update interval to every 2 minutes, I was able to maintain traffic throughout my trip....when I spaced it out to 10 minutes it would not update and would say a data connection could not be established. 2. If I made a hands free call via my TT, my data connection would return after the call was completed. 3. If I simply disabled my phone bluetooth and then turn it back on, the data connection would be working. I have since upgraded again to 8.351 and have no new issues, If I get a data connection error and place a hands free call or turn off( then back on) the phone bluetooth, it usually works.

Regards,

Bill

Thanks for your help.

I did the downgrade to 8.302, but still had issues with the data connection dropping while using plus traffic. I noticed three things: 1. If I cut the traffic update interval to every 2 minutes, I was able to maintain traffic throughout my trip....when I spaced it out to 10 minutes it would not update and would say a data connection could not be established. 2. If I made a hands free call via my TT, my data connection would return after the call was completed. 3. If I simply disabled my phone bluetooth and then turn it back on, the data connection would be working. I have since upgraded again to 8.351 and have no new issues, If I get a data connection error and place a hands free call or turn off( then back on) the phone bluetooth, it usually works.

Regards,

Bill

Just a thought for me if I allow unlimited updates everything works very well.

voice and data should work at the same time in 3g mode. do you have 3g enabled? did you choose "cingular medianet" when setting up the data settings?

I do have 3G on AT&T and it is enable as for as my phone access. I did use the cingular medianet when setting up the data. As far as I know it appears I'm able to use both voice and data at the same time...both icons (hands free and media/internet) appear on my phone when linked to my tomtom.

Bill

Well, sounds like a Tomtom vs phone incompatibility. Are their firmware updates available for your phone?

I'm not aware of any firmware update for the phone, but I'm happy to be able to get the data service again despite having to do pin resets or turning on and off the bluetooth.

Regards,

Bill

Ask a Question