Permanent Dock Question

Hello all. I purchased a used car that had the permanent dock installed (9d00012) and the prior owner used a Go700. I just purchased a Go700 (refurbished) and then updated it with the most recent version (7.1***). The TomTom works very well, but it doesn't know that it's sitting on the permanent dock, so nothing plays through the stereo speakers and nothing happens when I turn on my headlights (both preferences are checked on the menu). Also, it does not turn off and on with the ignition, which I understand it is supposed to do. How can I get the Go700 to recognize the dock? Thanks.

Update

UPDATE: I spoke to the prior owner of the car. I was told that because of extensive custom stereo/wiring, they opted not to hook up the external speakers/auto headlights. they only hooked up the part of the ISO connector that controls the charging and external antenna. Now I have a separate issue, which I will post sepatrately.

Ask a Question