Original SD Card corrupted

Hi Guys n Gals!

When trying to download a new map I had to get rid of the old map and apps to make room at least thats what I thought...so now I have a device thats not recognised as the original cards corrupted. Is there anything I can do to restore default apps and settings so my device is recognised by my mac and so I can upload new map I bought.

Cheers in advance, please help I'm desperate.
Tim

Did you take a full back up of the device prior to this incident? even if you use TomTom Home for the back up it should be recoverable, without a backup though the best we can do is offer links to download the various files needed but that wouldn't give you a map, you would need to purchase this via TT Home - Mike

Hi Mike

Could you give me the link please mate. I don't need the original map as I purchased a new one a few days ago. No backup was made prior to this event.

Cheers in advance
Tim

Go to Richards web site (Oldboy) which can be found by clicking Here and you can download a Navcore software version that is applicable to your x00 device (v7,162) once this is installed Home should see the device and offer any applicable updates, there is a readme file in the download that offers some instuctions (ignore the part about the LoquendoTTS folder as you device won't have this IIRC) - Mike

The software on that site is for the TomTom device and shouldn't matter whether you are running Windows/ Mac, you will need to unzip the download, you should be able to do that using Stuff-It or similar, then copy the files/ folders etc to the device - Mike

Also, tomtom HOME will recognize a blank tomtom and install the application on it.

Format/Initialize the SD card, make sure it is set to MS-DOS mode. Then stick it in the tomtom and turn it on until it gets the red X. Tomtom will autogenerate a few files on the SD that HOME needs to identify your model.

Then turn off the tomtom, plug into your Mac, fire up tomtom home 2.6, and turn the tomtom on.

It should connect to the computer, and you should be able to proceed to "update my GO" which will install the latest application. You'll have to repeat the upgrades over a few times. Once you're at the 7.9x application and it says no newer applications found, then you can go download your purchased map and download a few voices.

Mike's approach also works, whichever is easier for you. I'd recommend getting a new 2GB SD (not SDHC) card so you don't run into space problems.

Ask a Question