One XL Restore point

Can anybody give me a Tom Tom one XL restore point that is working as ive done something to tom tom and now it needs to be restored as it doesnt boot past a certain point

Step 1: Buy TomTom
Step 2: Unwrap TomTom
Step 3: Connect TomTom to PC
Step 4: Use PC to make a full backup!!!

Seriously. Once we get you back running again, start there.

Can you advise the point at which it reboots? If you are able to connect your TomTom to your PC and see the contents there, MOVE the file mapsettings.cfg to your PC (i.e., make sure you've got it on your PC, but kill it from your TomTom) and tell us how the boot goes from there.

What was it that you did, anyway?

Well it seems to have sorted itself out now.I was putting voices on to the sat nav,I unplugged it and then it seemed to have reset itself and then wouldnt go past the pick a voice bit just froze

Well it seems to have sorted itself out now.I was putting voices on to the sat nav,I unplugged it and then it seemed to have reset itself and then wouldnt go past the pick a voice bit just froze
Did you just unplug the unit, or did you do the proper "disconnect" before unplugging? The Home disconnect works pretty well, but my preference is to take it one step further: shut down Home and use the Windows USB disconnect method.

In any case, be sure you get a full backup of your unit. https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...4-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html

It's possible to recover from a whole host of problems if you can get back to where you started. Count yourself lucky this time!

Ask a Question