One XL Operate device freezes

When i plug in my unit to the computer, and I select operate device. For about 30 seconds (if that) it will work and then freezes up. I have to shut down the Tomtom home 2 and restart it to work.
I'm running Windows XP.

I've seen some old posts where they blamed Windows Vista.

Any ideas on what to do?

I've seen some posts where people have trouble running Home with a vista o/s.

Sometimes, the problem is that, by default, Home stores download files in the c:\ drive . Look at Home, tools, preferences, folder preferences for the location of the various files.

However, it seems that, in some cases anyway, Vista uses a different file path in Documents and settings, etc.

That may be the problem in your case, I don't know. But it is something to check, anyway.

I don't get it. When I operate my device I can get as far as
Selecting Navigate to:
Street number:
Enter state:
Enter city:
Enter Street:
Then it's froze up.
I have to shut down tomtom home to fix....

I don't really use the TT Home screen to operate my One XL but when I have still no problem?
Not being a Guru on these, I was wondering when you plug into the computer and get all the updates and then do what you are doing while on line and when you are done and getting ready to disconnect do you go up to the top of the screen and click on "DEVICE" then click on disconnect then look at your TT and see it run the yellow line across the bottom of the TT showing that it has updated you device???
The reason I ask is that when I first got mine I didn't know about that and would just turn the TT off and pull the USB cord and be done, it wasn't until the TT Guru's on here explained to someone else about this little proceedure that I realized I hadn't done that............

Ask a Question