One V3 Blank Screen

I, like many others, have a TomTom One V3 (4EG0.001.00) with the annoying blank screen when the device is powered on via a non-soft reset.

I have already completed:

- Use of the clearflash utility (3 times before power cycling)
- Full backup, re-format and re-install with downloaded navcore (8.010.9639) from this site

From my searching various forums, I have two questions:

• I have read on some sites from the US that there is a fix utility that can be downloaded (the TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems - Support home -) page. However, despite registering at TomTom, they appear to have adjusted their website structure so that this is not available. Does anyone have a copy of this file?
  • I have also read [link removed-warez site-moderator]) that you can use updated navecores beyond what TomTom suggest and this also is a possible fix. Does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a file named "splash.bmp" in the root of the device when you view the drive letter associated with the TomTom - Mike

Jon.....

Go here, upload a graphic you have and a splash.bmp file will be created for you to install. Select the TomTom One button to get the correct sizing.

No joy - still the same result - the screen is blank (but on, visible via slight contrast change and audio in the background).

Do you have a preference setting for screen brightness? Can you reduce it, if you have?

I do have an option to change it - I have tried:

- Full brightness
- Limited brightness
- Min brightness

All result in the same behaviour of the display not working post power on (unless a soft reset is conducted)

So you do NOW have a splash.bmp file (NOT splashw.bmp) in the root of your unit?

Ask a Question