Screen goes to sleep (goes blank)

It is annoying that the unit screen darkens (basically the screen goes blank) after a minute or so while driving. I then have to touch the screen to wake it up.

It's annoying because I don't always like to have the sound on, but would prefer to just glance at the screen to see my position and next turn.

I can't find anyway to turn this off? The other annoying thing is, at least once or twice in the last month, it has not behaved like this -- which leads me to believe that I may have inadvertently touched an option, or something.

Ideas? Or is this just working as designed?

Go to change preference, screen7 Battery Saving Preferences and make sure Never turn off screen is selected. That should fix it.:D

ok I have tried that ... I guess I didn't even look in there, because this has always occurred while I had it plugged in, so the category name did not seem to be relevant.

If this works great ... but it seems a blunt-force way to have to do it ... I would prefer it to blank when on battery, and not to blank when not.

Oh, well ... I'll post back later today, if that change fixed it.

Thanx!

Ask a Question