blank screen

I was wanting to password protect my GPS but when I Click Operate my XL in the HOME menu I get an error that says.
This function is not yet supported for your navigation device or operating system.

I have a XL330s

So I sent an email to tomtom support and this is what thay said for me to do.

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support regarding the emulator not functioning with your device. My name is Patrick. We are always happy to help.

This issue is being caused by the 8.014 application that is installed on your device. This application update allows use of the RDS-TMC antenna accessory. If you do not currently have this accessory, or you are not planning to purchase this accessory in the near future we recommend following the steps below to remove and replace this application. However, if you do have this accessory, or wish to use it in the near future removing this application version will prevent you from doing so.

We offer step by step instructions on our website that will guide you through removing this application and installing a different application. Please click on the link below to view the information. If you are unable to click on the link, please copy and paste it into your internet browser.

http://www.tomtom.com/9091

So I removed and reinstalled like the instructions said, I then turned off the GPS and then tried to turn it back on.

But when I push the on button all I see is a pale light and thats all no sound no nothing.

Please help

I used the same process Sharon did, and can now use Operate my Tomtom from Tomtom home.

Like Sharon, I've had subsequent problems, just different.

1) Now, to connect to the computer, I must press and hold the start button for 20 seconds and get the drum beat. If I just turn it on, it doesn't ask if I want to connect. Actually a minor issue, but it is an issue.

2) It now takes a long time to get a fix on a satellite signal. In my house, facing a southern window, before I would get a fix almost instantly. Now, unless I put it in the window, it can take 10 minutes.

3) Haven't gotten a QuickGPS download since I've done it. That might take care of the above 2), but I've had Mapshare updates, but not the GPS.

Any ideas?

Ask a Question