ONE LE and RDS-TMC?

TomTom Model(s)
VIA1530,XXL550,ONE140S,125
Can anyone tell me for sure if an RDS-TMC (traffic) antenna with mini-USB (9V00.180) will work on a ONE LE?

The list of supported systems varies by vendor site. WWW.GPSCHEAP.COM includes the One 3rd edition and the One XL. And we all know that One LE isn't well known by many vendors.

FYI - I'm running the New England 7.20 map on Navcor 7.162.

You raise an interesting question since it connects to the USB port on the bottom of the unit and not the special RDS-TMC connector.

The One LE is basically the same hardware as the V2. That being said, according to TomTom's website, the V2 does not have traffic support capability:
>>>> TomTom Support Page <<<

rds_tmc.gif

But, that still doesn't answer the question for a receiver that plugs into the USB port (as that 9V00.180 looks like it does)

Last edited:
You raise an interesting question since it connects to the USB port on the bottom of the unit and not the special RDS-TMC connector.

The One LE is basically the same hardware and the V2. That being said, according to TomTom's website, the V2 does not have traffic support capability:
>>>> TomTom Support Page <<<

rds_tmc.gif

But, that still doesn't answer the question for a receiver that plugs into the USB port.

I highly doubt it since they usually have their own plug for that. The USB is for charging and PC data connection.

I hate seeing TomTom's comparison charts because every time I see a comparison, it seems that TomTom degrades every newer product.

Good example is a 910 and a 920. Why the heck did they drop the 20 GB internal memory to 4 GB? BAD TOMTOM!

And it's not like you can go for an older product for its better features because then TomTom will stop supporting it, even though the hardware is CLEARLY capable of supporting the newer software.

Chart

The chart says the V2 does not have the CONNECTOR which, I am sure, refers to the standard round RDS-TMC connector.
The new cable IS designed to use the USB instead.
And, the LE does support traffic via a bluetooth phone with data enabled.
I'm still hoping someone has tried it and can tell me yes or no.

Don't know if this helps or not depending on where you are located.

My local Best Buy actually has the traffic antenna in stock for the same price. ($99.99) Perhaps that's on option for you to try and test?

Not Supported

Just to close this out...
Traffic is NOT supported on the OneLE(V4, New Edition) via the usb RDSTMC receiver. I bought one and tried it. (It is supported on the 125 which we then bought for my wife.)

The USB RDS-TMC needs Navcore 8.010

The Navcore application determines whether the USB RDS-TMC traffic receiver is recognized by any TomTom model. The hardware is a standard implementation and is always compatible with the right software.

I've got a TomTom ONE 3rd Edition running with the USB RDS-TMC receiver, but I had to wedge the Navcore 8.010 application onto the device because TomTom HOME won't show it to you.

Most of the differences between TomTom models are now artificial. If you want a particular feature, like USB traffic, then find a way to upgrade the app.

sigh... and I thought I had the final answer!

OK.. so you believe that an LE(V4,NewEdition) with V8 of the app WILL enable the USB RDSTMC device? How do I go about getting NAV8 on the LE? The latest update per TOMTOM is 7.903.

I do now have a 125 with 8.014. Would it be possible to just copy over the app files to my LE? What are they (ttsystem, system, data.chk?).

If I do manage to get 8.014 on the LE will traffic work? Or will it balk because my subscription is against the ONE125 home account?

So the RDS-TMC receiver won't work on the ONE New Edition unless somehow I get Navcore 8 onto it?

Ask a Question