On-Going Issues

TomTom support is being no help, so I'm hoping the community will come to the rescue. It would be invaluable to know if I am just experiencing these problems or if it is an issue with their device.

1. The iPhone will not connect with the car kit's bluetooth upon first docking. However, I can take the iPhone off the dock and immediately put it back on, and it connects. This is very strange behavior.

2. There is no way to control the volume of the voice via the car kit. When not connected, you can obviously tap the bottom bar and adjust the volume. When connected, it says "volume is controlled by car kit". When i use the volume lever, the volume of the voice does not change.

3. I've read another thread and want to verify that the car kit causes the iPhone to heat up significantly. When the iPhone is not fully charged, it will charge to 100% but the symbol will show that it is STILL CHARGING. However, if I dock when the phone is already at 100%, the symbol shows that it is fully charged.

All TomTom has done is give me two RMA's. I paid for the shipping for the first one, but the second time--after going 5 weeks without hearing back from the technician I was escalated to--I refused to do it again. Very frustrating.

Ask a Question