Going Out?

Does anyone have any information about the state of the TomTom business? Are they going out of business?

There seems to be no tech support and no answer to e-mail messages.

It appears you are in the US.

Support:

United States
877-757-7137
Monday - Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST

No, just that it makes a rather big difference in whether he supplies you with the number for the US or some other country! Your profile doesn't show your location by your avatar.

Is that a problem?
Why do you think it is a problem that dhn gives you their customer support number in your country.

TomTomForums is an independent of the corporation peer-to-peer GPS user list where we are trying to help each other.
I don't care much of what's going on in Amsterdam except for system and map upgrades.
If you heard anything you think might be of benefit to all of us, I would sure to hear about it.

Thanks, dnh, I'll try the number.

canderson, thanks for the clarification.

Arno, I don't really know what you're talking about. Sorry, but could you be more clear?

It is all a matter of perception as to what one reads into a sentence.

I thought my first line after quoting your reply was very clear.

I think you'll find the response by phone far quicker than trying to deal with them via email!

What kind of tech support were you hoping to receive? Anything we might be able to help with here?

You're correct. I did get better support by telephone. Sadly, I only got a foreigner who was hard to understand, but he was patient and walked me thru the process to solve the problem.

Luckily, I was able to complete the update, even though it did take an hour for the little file to download and install. And that over gigabit fiber Internet speeds.

Thanks.

Ask a Question