Not sure if I have a TomTom One 3rd Edition or not...

TomTom Model(s)
One 2nd Edition
Hey guys.

I just opened my Christmas present from my girlfriend, and it definitely isn't a TT1 v3 since it has an SD slot on the bottom. The box that it came in is green, but doesn't say 3rd Edition anywhere on it. She purchased it last month at Future Shop (Canada). Also, my activation card says "TOMTOM ONE NEW EDITION US CAN" so I'm not sure what version of the One I have. Hopefully someone can help. Thanks!

Last edited:
It's most likely a v2. You're lucky. It's a better machine than the 3rd Edition, which is stripped down.
Woohoo! Thanks for the quick response! Yup, it must be because it has an itinerary planner, whereas the v3 doesn't. I just thought the v2 came in the grey/orange box, but this is awesome!

My One V2 came in a green box. Bought it back in the Spring. Has Sirf chipset, SD slot for included 1 GB USA/Canada maps on SD, serial number begins with "E", etc......

I purchased two TomTom's this Christmas - one is a TomTom ONE - 3rd Edition and the other is a TomTom ONE LE (Limited Edition)

The TomTom ONE - 3rd Edition is identified on the bottom left as:
TOMTOM ONE
3rd Edition (1GB)
(4N01.003)

Part Number on the bottom of the green box is: 5N01.801

TomTom ONE LE is identified on the bottom left as:

tomtom ONE
(4N00.005)
Bluetooth

Part Number on the bottom of the green box is: 5N00.233

I purchased two TomTom's this Christmas - one is a TomTom ONE - 3rd Edition and the other is a TomTom ONE LE (Limited Edition)

The TomTom ONE - 3rd Edition is identified on the bottom left as:
TOMTOM ONE
3rd Edition (1GB)
(4N01.003)

Part Number on the bottom of the green box is: 5N01.801

TomTom ONE LE is identified on the bottom left as:

tomtom ONE
(4N00.005)
Bluetooth

Part Number on the bottom of the green box is: 5N00.233
I don't have those numbers on the box, but on the device I have (4N00.005).

You have a new edition which is a version 2. I bought one this past summer. I like it better than version 3 because of the inculded sd slot and bluetooth. The bluetooth cannot be used for speaking through your phone but if you have an unlimited data plan, then you can connect to the phone's internet for wireless updates, weather, traffic alerts, etc. if you subscribe to those products. It's good because you don't have to buy the wireless transmitter.

Yeah, I really like the fact that it has an SD slot and Bluetooth. I'm really glad I don't have a v3, actually.

Now if only TomTom's site would stop throwing out Error 220s I could download the newer maps with MapShare.

I just got one for xmas too its part number is 5N00.213 i have not yet had any problems with it after an extensive test run all day yesterday.. It sure would be nice to have the servers up to update the damn thing a helluva time to do system maintenance..

Ask a Question