not compatible map tomtom xl340s

TomTom Model(s)
340s
Hey all,

recently had an error when trying to update my unit. Long and short of it is I ended up with no maps found even though I could see one when connecting through explorer. I have reinstalled the usa, canada, mexico map using home but it keeps saying uncompatible map it is the p-165 map. I do not have a back up as I am a complete idiot. anyone know the best way to fix. I find it hard to believe that tomtom home would let me download a map that is not compatible.

thanks

Use Explorer to look into the specific map folder on your unit. See if there is a file with an extension of .dct such as <map name>.meta.dct.

You may have to set the option in Control Panel-->Folder Options-->View-->Advanced to UNCHECK 'Hide extension for known file type).

If such a file is missing, then your next step is to go to the location of the downloaded map. You should find it here:

C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\maps\

Look at the contents of the contents of the compressed cab folder using WinRar. you should see an activation.cab file with just one file in it, the aforementioned file ending in .dct.

Extract the file and copy it into the specific map folder on the unit.

Ask a Question