No VR address imput anymore

I want to clarify...........you aren't trying to set up VR though Home, are you or select a computer voice through Home. Do so on the unit itself.

Yeh I know that the voice has to be selected on uint, VR is now working, though only from the quick pref menu and its "Spoken address (dialogue) " only) the "Spoken address imput" stiil not found, both the icons not in the normal unit menu. The only icon to be found is the Spoken Address Dialogue in the quick preff menu. I have had to let it update to the 8.351 again as the unit was having trouble recognizing the voices for some reason ? But at least I did have a backup from the point that the VR was back. Any sugestion on how to recover the the icons back to where they should be ??

The only thing I can think of (and I grasping at straws here ......) do you have Preferences set to show fewer menu options? If so, can you change that to show all menu options....

One more thing................

Make an Explorer backup, not Home, of your unit's contents. Ensure hidden files/folders are showing.

Now, select 'restore to factory settings'. You will lose all custom settings but it is worth a shot.

There's still some major corruption if you can't get icons working.

Since your vr is working, you could try a full wipeout now, and preserve the map/vr file:

1) backup everything (copy in explorer with show hidden/system files enabled)
2) format the tomtom drive as fat32
3) copy the UK_ROI folder and support.asr file back only (from your backup).
4) rename mydocuments\tomtom to mydocuments\tomtombackup on your computer
5) let HOME redownload and reinstall everything, upping the app to 8.351
6) add your voice in home

Worse case, if this breaks something, you can always copy back your backup and get your half-working system back.

Just trying what you say the now, cut and paist to a flash key 8GB,formating to fat32 at the mo. I tend to think same about the corruption- is it possable that the friends One v3 or phone Nokia 6600 (or should I say "so called friend if it turns out to be the prob") TT one has intoduced the coruption when I updated it through my home the other day ? things were fine upto that point, he had asked if i could put a photo from his phone onto the One v3 and update at same time saying that it had never been conected to a comp at all in the one year that he had had it, or so I was told !! Its safe too say that I iant gona be a happy chappy if this is the cause of it all. Thats the format finnished, I will nip off an see what happens with the next trial.

Nah no change the Spoken address(dialogue) still the only icon and still only from the quick preff menu, as I say the unit seems to be fine ells where the trafic working even indoors (stuck up the side ov comp desk) the BT remote, it dose seem to be a little slow but maybe a defrag will sort tha, ther isnt a startup pic but I remember how to sort that, a will load an MP3 an check that. What files make up the icons for "spoken address (dialogue) an spoken address imput ?? Maybe I could have a look see if they where they should be ?? I aint heard a thing back from TT support since sending them the pna file and system information on friday, but they were closed on Monday so they may not have had chance to look at anything as`yet. just off for cupa tea.

Last edited:
I think the spoken address issue may be a more common issue with app 8.351. Can't be certain since 530's are not that common here, but I saw a bit of chatter on the UK forum. Also, if you've never used 8.351 before it is a bit slower than 8.302, especially screen refreshes.

If that's the only issue (spoken address works via quick menu and not via normal menu), you could try downgrading to 8.302. Or just leave things alone.

To downgrade, (after making a backup) delete all files and folders, except support.asr and your map folder. You don't need to bother with a format again. Then extract this file onto the root folder of your unit, and go redownload your voices from HOME.

Never defrag a flash drive. Flash drives only live about 100,000 writes, and auto reallocate memory in a fragmented way (that windows doesn't even see) to level areas of wear on the flash. All a windows defrag does is rewrite over and over (the flash still doing hidden fragmentation in the background) and you'll just add further wear on the flash.

Last edited:
Thank for the info, as it hapens-I have defraged twice before though I wont be again. The 8.350 worked ok as well seemed just as quick as 8.302, if you can point me in the rite direction to get that again ?? Do you think it possable that the One v3 might have had something on it that has helped towards the probs am having ?? as I say everything ells is ok MP3,BT remote,traffic, only thing is splash.bmp but thanks to this forum info I can sort that. is it possable that the files and info for the icons have been highjacked in some way for whatever porpose ?? Or do ya think it just a gremlin or three that needs working out ??
Sorry av just read through your reply again, an you have answered that last question realy,ie comon wi the 8.351.

If there were any impact of running the one v3, renaming mydocuments\tomtom to mydocuments\tomtombackup would have eliminated it.

Here is 8.350.

And to be 100% sure, do you have "show extensions" enabled in windows? If not, your support_asr.dat file can sometimes be incorrectly stored as support_asr.dat.txt. And the file is in the ASR folder, with only a 1 as its contents?

Yes hidden files an folders are showing, I even tick to show hidden operating files an folders just to sure, thanks for the navcores and all the help an info it realy has been priceless, maybe someday I will be able to return the favours though a think it fair to say that I well well behind conserning all this kinda thing. though if you ever over this way and find you need your motor rebuilt give me a shout.!!

"Hide extensions for known file types" is a different setting from "show hidden files and folders".

The "Hide extensions for known file types" setting should be unchecked, so that you can confirm that there is no ".txt" at the end of the support_asr.dat file.

Otherwise, if you're happy with how things are at this point, glad all of us could help.

As I say it would be nice to have it back as it was, but maybe at some point one of you will find a fix for it , or TT even though from what av read here and thre responce from them so far( or rather the lack of responce) I wont hold my breath for TT. Only thing now is to change my log on name for here since it not apt anymore.

At last--I was just reading through a thread there and seen that the person was saying that he had found an empty file on TT "itn" file so I went to my root and found the same only it wasnt empty, I had wiped it off before but it came back ?? anyway I wiped it unhooked the TT and the spoken address and spokenaddress dialogue are both there where they should be !! Very happy chappy. I think I have a copy ov the file somewhere if I find it I will post the details maybe some lite will be shed on what it is an what it doing/apart from messing my 530 that is. corection they were there but it seems they have gone again, I will check see if the itn file is back, which I would say it is.

Last edited:
Yes it was -itn with one file -temporary.iti - ITI file 1KB. and another file that I had wiped before was back--statdata-2 files--allowtrip-dat-1KB and -triplog-dat-2KB, this second file I had seen before and had wiped it though the file in it before was -disallowtrip-dat-1KB, as I say I wiped the two ov them and the icons were back and the funtion was as should be,but they keep coming back, any sugestions ??

well they both back and dont seem to be able to wip em this time, both date back to 01/01/2000, as i say the statdat when i first seen it the other day was saying disallowtrip where as it now says allowtrip, seems like someone messing with it ?? for what ever reason, and no I dont think anyones out to get me,ha,ha,ha.

that is ok fokes, not sure what or how but its as should be, so av backed it up as is an I will hope it stays as is . Thanks again for all the help and advice, I would have been in a very dark place withought it !!

Ask a Question