no touch screen

TomTom Model(s)
520 720 730
Hi everyone I have a go520 and the touch screen has stopped working. I have a spare 520 that fully works and swapped the screens over and it still doesn't work but the fully working one is still working so it rules out the screen any ideas

It's a remote shot, but have you tried the reset hole in the bottom of the unit for a few seconds. Gently, with a paperclip or similar.

Is the flex cable connector on the problem unit closing properly?

Yeah hold the pin in and press down the power button for 5 seconds just shows a booting page thats all

"Booting page"? Not 100% sure what you mean by that. Not the white text on black background, I hope? Does the device come up to a normal driving map screen after boot?

And you don't want to try to do both buttons at once. Just the reset button by itself for starters.

No it goes to the legal screen and won't allow me to press agree as the touch will not work

Yes white writing on a blavk background with a timer at the bottom
That's just an indication that you leaned on the power button for a little too long. It's how you get to the diag screen on these units.

After a hard reset and a screen swap, the only recommendation I can make is to double check that there are no problems with the latch on the flex connector.

Ask a Question