No Route Possible to favorite - Help

Hello,

I bought a 920 a month ago for an upcoming trip to Ireland. Well I am in Ireland now and having problems.

The unit shows the correct streets, and can send me to major places like the airport or hospital. However when I save a location as a favorite, the unit will not route me back to the location. No matter if I am 200 yards from the favorite, or across town. I get the same error, "No Route Possible".

Can someone help me out with what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Adam

Hello,

I bought a 920 a month ago for an upcoming trip to Ireland. Well I am in Ireland now and having problems.

The unit shows the correct streets, and can send me to major places like the airport or hospital. However when I save a location as a favorite, the unit will not route me back to the location. No matter if I am 200 yards from the favorite, or across town. I get the same error, "No Route Possible".

Can someone help me out with what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Adam

Adam,

Make sure you set a favorite, etc on the street closest to the exact location. If the location is not on a road the tomtom will not be able to compute a route. You can edit existing POI or just select a location near the favorite that is located on a road and the unit will navigate there.

If this does not work, look into you routing preferences. Possibly you have selections that do not allow a route to the destination ( avoid tollroads, etc).

I've also seen this once or twice if you're not currently on a recognized street. When I encountered that I drove out of a parking lot to an actual street then tried it again and it routed me correctly.
John

Ask a Question