No Route Found--

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One New Edition
Hello. As you can see, I am a newbie. Please bear with me. I am also a newbie at using my tomtom new edition. I am trying to set a route from my home in So md. to Lenoir, N.C. It runs all these #s across the bottom and then tells me No Route Found. I have successfully entered other local destinations and they worked fine. I cannot understand the problem. Appreciate some help. Please use small words as I'm not great on "tomtom language" yet.
Thanks so much, fredda
Also, I d/led the disc and don't exactly know what to do with some of the info.

Hello. As you can see, I am a newbie. Please bear with me. I am also a newbie at using my tomtom new edition. I am trying to set a route from my home in So md. to Lenoir, N.C. It runs all these #s across the bottom and then tells me No Route Found. I have successfully entered other local destinations and they worked fine. I cannot understand the problem. Appreciate some help. Please use small words as I'm not great on "tomtom language" yet.
Thanks so much, fredda
Also, I d/led the disc and don't exactly know what to do with some of the info.

You may have set restrictions when planning your route such that it is impossible for the unit to find a possible choice. For example, you may have a setting to always avoid freeways and, perhaps, there is no other way to get from a to b other than with freeways. Go to Preferences>scroll through pages till Planning Preferences and see what is checked or unchecked.

As to your other comment.... what exactly do you mean when you say you downloaded a disc? Do you mean a file? What file?

I'm just as new as you, but since you say it picks up other areas local to the destination, could you maybe try the actual lat/long at or near your dest.?

Goofing around at work, I noticed both my TT and Google Earth located the
address about 3 blocks from the true location. TT couldn't route to the
parking lot, but it would with the coords. to the entrance/main road no problem.

Perhaps, yours might need to be "tricked" as well?

DHN, I did as you suggested and nothing is checked but the "fastest route. Could that poss make a diff? The cd is for the TT Home program.

Ghostring-- I don't know the coods for the Days Inn in Lenoir. Strange but when I go to hotels/motels--DInn is first on the list yet it can not give me a route to it. I know it means that part. one as another inn in that city is listed also--no route, tho.
I meant"local" to me in somd. not there in n.c.

thanks, fredda

The problem is that there is likely no mapped road close enough to your desired destination. TT's can only navigate to a location that is either on or very near a road on the TT device map. They can't navigate to just any set of coordinates.

Last edited:
I have a similar problem. If I enter the address of my office, it takes me there, no issue. If I mark my car's position in the parking lot as favourite (not indicated on the map), it cannot take me there, I get a "no route found" message...

Chip

I have a similar problem. If I enter the address of my office, it takes me there, no issue. If I mark my car's position in the parking lot as favourite (not indicated on the map), it cannot take me there, I get a "no route found" message...

Chip
Chip,

TomTom can't navigate off the road -- which means parking lots as well.

fredda,

Is it possible you don't have the city exactly right for the address you entered? Sometimes a city may be East (E) or West (W) Lenoir. Just a thought. This happens here in S. Florida where we have Palm Beach and West Palm Beach... or Boynton Beach and West Boynton Beach.

Hope this helps.

DHN, I did as you suggested and nothing is checked but the "fastest route. Could that poss make a diff? The cd is for the TT Home program.

Ghostring-- I don't know the coods for the Days Inn in Lenoir. Strange but when I go to hotels/motels--DInn is first on the list yet it can not give me a route to it. I know it means that part. one as another inn in that city is listed also--no route, tho.
I meant"local" to me in somd. not there in n.c.

thanks, fredda

Maybe something to do with the POI database. I know I had some that gave me that message when I loaded different POI.dat's from different maps into another map. (i.e. the larger POI.dat from NA map to USA Canada map).

Try to find the street address of the Days Inn and try to navigate to that address directly and see what happens.....

Rick--You say "off the road." Would that mean sitting in my driveway? I will try moving my position in a while and see what happens.

Trey, I tried the DInn address I got from their site. NO-- I tried the zip code for Lenoir-NO. Is no N-S-E-W direction designations to there, as far as I see. I'll take it with me. Maybe it might work as I get closer to my dest.

Thanks to all who are trying to help me. I appreciate it.
fredda

It's not your position in your driveway that's causing the problem. As I wrote earlier, if your destination in not on or pretty close to a mapped road, your TT will not be able to navigate to it. Using coordinates won't help, trying to use as a POI won't either. You will only get "no route found."

Fredda,

Parked in your driveway should be fine. The 'offroad' comment was really addressing Chip's problem when he's in a large parking lot. If the parking lot is huge, TomTom maynot be able to navigate to/from there.

I just used my TT to navigate a route to Lenoir, NC from my home without a problem. Of course not knowing the address you entered, I selected a 'POI' in Lenoir, NC and it came up with a route.

When typing in the city, Lenoir, it didn't find one at first. I had to change the state from my home state of FL to NC. Did you do this?

Just trying to help.

I successfully had my TT navigate to the Days Inn, Lenoir from Northern VA. There must be something about the roads in your area that are keeping it from finding a route. What town are you trying to navigate from?

I didn't have any problem with finding a route from Oregon. There must be something else in the menu's or something that's stopping it from finding your destination or plotting a route. Can you use a different address and get it to plot that route?

Happy Easter to all. Re the recent replies, I went to Lenoir as planned and got back on the 20th. So I am just reading the last few replies. Haven't tried any of the suggestions yet as I am just to this site this a.m. I am in Piney Point in s. Md. Potomac river area. I guess I should have taken it with me and tried from rtes along the way, but this was my first trip there, alone, and I just followed the Mapquest written directions and they were correct. Thanks so very much to all for your suggestions. I am determined so I'll keep trying. I will let yas know if I am successful.
Have a joyous day, fredda

Cross Border " No route found "

Hi all, had a similar experience yesterday when driving to Buffalo,NY from London,ONT. Tomtom One 3rd edition. Told it the address I wanted to go to in Buffalo, it got me there just fine. Left to come home, and got the " no route found " when I told it to go home. Fortunately there were plenty of signs to get me back to the bridge to Canada, but tried all the time I was driving and still no route found.....until....I crossed the border. Tried again and it gave me the route. I was very unimpressed......if it can take me where I want to go but can't get me home again! BTW it wasn't just home, it couldn't get me to any destination in Canada from the US, I tried about 30 of my favs and they were all " no route found ". Funny it knew how to get over the bridge on the way there, but not on the way back.

Earl

That is really odd. It would make sense if your home location wasn't on a map but it worked after you got across the border. Maybe your TT isn't happy unless it knows there is "Blue on tap" close by aye:D

Hi all, had a similar experience yesterday when driving to Buffalo,NY from London,ONT. Tomtom One 3rd edition. Told it the address I wanted to go to in Buffalo, it got me there just fine. Left to come home, and got the " no route found " when I told it to go home. Fortunately there were plenty of signs to get me back to the bridge to Canada, but tried all the time I was driving and still no route found.....until....I crossed the border. Tried again and it gave me the route. I was very unimpressed......if it can take me where I want to go but can't get me home again! BTW it wasn't just home, it couldn't get me to any destination in Canada from the US, I tried about 30 of my favs and they were all " no route found ". Funny it knew how to get over the bridge on the way there, but not on the way back.

Earl

Bet you have checked under preferences to Avoid Toll Roads. Since there is no way way without using the Toll bridges, it can't find a route.

Fredda...
I tried planning a route from Piney Point, MD to the Days Inn, Lenoir, NC. Initial attempts successfully found routes. I was able to play with configuration options which resulted in "no route found". If I chose to plan for the shortest route...and avoid toll charges: no route found.

It seems that to avoid the toll, you would need to go an hour / 55 miles out of the way...and that was just too much out of the way to qualify as "shortest route".

Look at your settings under "planning preferences" and "toll road preferences". For planning, I'd suggest "ask me every time" or "always fastest". For tolls, I'd suggest "ask me when they are on my route".

Ask a Question