no route found for my favorite

i recently got a tomtom one and while in my yard at home i saved my current location as my home location. now whenever i hit navigate me home it says no route found no matter where i am. i also saved my office as a favorite but when i hit navigate to then favorite and select my office it tells me no route found. am i doing something wrong or is this normal.

thanks for the info

i recently got a tomtom one and while in my yard at home i saved my current location as my home location. now whenever i hit navigate me home it says no route found no matter where i am. i also saved my office as a favorite but when i hit navigate to then favorite and select my office it tells me no route found. am i doing something wrong or is this normal.

thanks for the info
Is your yard far from the nearest mapped roadway?

As Smokiewolf suggests, maybe your backyard is too far from the road. TomTom only navigates on roads and highways. If your backyard isn't close enough to the road, this could be your problem.

I suggest you change your home location. Walk out to the front of your house (drive way entrance) and turn on your TomTom. Then... Tap
  • "Change preferences" <right arrow> <right arrow>
  • "Change Home location" <right arrow>
  • to "My location".
This way TomTom uses your actual position in front of your house via satellite computation -- instead of someplace in your backyard.

Hope this helps.

thank you both for your help. that very well could be the problem since my driveway is about .25 mile long and i was in the parking lot at my office so that is almost definately the problem.

I wonder what the distance limit is...Sometimes when I'm in a parking lot, it will plot a route with a dotted line to the nearest road.

I wonder what the distance limit is...Sometimes when I'm in a parking lot, it will plot a route with a dotted line to the nearest road.

With the original maps USA/Canada 675 that came with my unit, the distance limit was pretty small. It always showed the dotted line from your marked favorite to a nearby road, but the other way around said no route found.

However with the NA 715 maps I never see that any more. If my favorite is say 100 yards off the road, the unit navigates to a spot on the highway opposite the favorite. no problem with any off highway markings as far as I can tell. It just won't indicate any way to navigate after the spot on the highway opposite the fav.

However with the NA 715 maps I never see that any more. If my favorite is say 100 yards off the road, the unit navigates to a spot on the highway opposite the favorite. no problem with any off highway markings as far as I can tell. It just won't indicate any way to navigate after the spot on the highway opposite the fav.
I also have the same problem with TT One 3rd Edition even with map version 715. My USA_and_Canada map v715.1712 and application v7.163.

It must have something to do with the north american map as I can navigate back to the point on the highway opposite a marked spot even if it is 100 yards or more off the highway. the unit acts like the marked spot is right on the road 90 degrees opposite the actual spot. I use NA 710 and 7.162.

could not do that with the earlier map.

It sounds most likely that your saved point was too far from the road, but I have also seen no route found when through a combination of preference settings and/or question answers you try to do "shortest route" and avoid toll...and the route to avoid a toll took you MANY miles out of the way.

Ask a Question