No option for computer voice, grayed out

I got my refurbished 720 last week and it had 710.xxx on it. I called support and argued with them and the best they would do is upgrade me to map 810.xxx, better than nothing I guess. After messing around with it for a while, I cannot download anymore computer voices, they are grayed out and it says my device is incompatable. Anyone know how to fix this situation?

What is the application you have on your unit? Tap the satellite bars and the next screen shows the version number.

Also, tap the version number to see what map and version you have installed. I know you said 810, but humour me...

Okay, try a pin reset on the unit. Reconnect to Home and see if the ability to download computer voice returns. If not, try uninstalling and reinstalling Home.

Using just the device when you go to Change Preferences/ Manage Voices/ Switch Voice does it let you select any of the computer voices? If it does which ones do you have installed to the device?
Do not try using the Operate my go via TomTom Home as Text To Speech voices do not work hen using this function via Home.

If you need to add any voices we can supply some links for you to download the voices directly without the TomTom Home application being used, it is also possible to install the voices using Windows Explorer/ WinRar, if you can give us the answers to the questions in the first para we can see if anything else is needed - Mike

Ask a Question