No free map per latest map garantee for refurbished tomtom

I just recieved my TomTom from Tigerdirect as per good on-line deal. It was refurbished and TomTom refused to provide free map update as per "latest map garantee". It is bad sales trick - maps available from May, but in device it 5 quarters old. TomTom do not care about it and means do not care about customers: You get oudated device from 1st day and they would like to charge you $50+ for map update :eek:. The only reason for that coming to my mind - they do it intentionally. Imagine if product cost $100 if you wish to pay another $50 next day after purchase. Bad. really bad TomTom. Be aware!:mad:

I just recieved my TomTom from Tigerdirect as per good on-line deal. It was refurbished and TomTom refused to provide free map update as per "latest map garantee". It is bad sales trick - maps available from May, but in device it 5 quarters old. TomTom do not care about it and means do not care about customers: You get oudated device from 1st day and they would like to charge you $50+ for map update :eek:. The only reason for that coming to my mind - they do it intentionally. Imagine if product cost $100 if you wish to pay another $50 next day after purchase. Bad. really bad TomTom. Be aware!:mad:

Tom Tom units is just like anything else you buy refurbished, you pay less than you would buying brand new but you don't get all the benefits of a new one.

On the other hand if you want the most update maps then you can do one of two things, buy new or update your map on a refurbished unit and add the one-year subscription and you will be just like a new one at a cheaper price than you would have you bought new in the first place.

My friend just purchased a TomTom ONE 130 refurbished from newegg.com last week. She called TomTom yesterday and they gladly gave her the latest map for free. It's very strange how they give some people free maps and others they don't.

On tomtoms website they state that you do not get the latest map guarantee with a refurbished unit. However when you call and if you are really nice on the phone every once in a while they will give you the latest map. But if you are in their face when you call more then likelly they will tell you what you said on this forum

Tom Tom units is just like anything else you buy refurbished, you pay less than you would buying brand new but you don't get all the benefits of a new one.

On the other hand if you want the most update maps then you can do one of two things, buy new or update your map on a refurbished unit and add the one-year subscription and you will be just like a new one at a cheaper price than you would have you bought new in the first place.

I too have purchased a refurbished Tomtom from an authorized dealer. My maps are also 5 quarters out of date which makes a bit of a mockery of the "return to the as new condition". to purchase the updated map will make the price of my refurbished Tomtom the same as a new one.
Do Tomtom do this on purpose?

I like my Tomtom but I don't think I'll buy another.

Have you tried calling New Zealand support and asking about the LMG? They may offer it to you. Try to be nice about it, mate.

Good luck.

Did you tell them it was a refurb? I just called up and said I was having problems getting the latest maps. They fixed me up within 3 hours.

Ask a Question