Obtaining Free Map Updates on -TM models

TomTom Model(s)
540XXL-TM
My 540XXL-TM has been used only a few times since purchased 9 months ago. I have not performed any of the free updates to the map, but now I wish to do so. TomTom Home does not show any free updates available, but wants to sell me a new map for $79. How do I obtain my free map update? Thanks

You should have a map code that came in the original box, you just need to enter that to activate the lifetime maps on the unit.

For future reference, especially for newbies like me, I found this question answered in another thread. The answer is that the GPS needs to be activated through the TomTom Home software. Enter the Activation code (or Promotion code) in the box in the Activation feature of TomTom Home. Use all CAPITAL letters. If you get an error code, call the toll free customer service number 866-486-6866 and tell your sad story to the tech. That's what I did, and the fellow fixed me up in about 15 minutes. After the activation code was properly compensated (his words) my free map update became available. Thanks, TomTom:)!

Ask a Question