Newbie TT One V2 Questions

TomTom Model(s)
TT One V2
Hi everybody. This is my first post. I'm happy to have come across this forum. I first tried TT on my Treo 700w, loved it and am waiting for a TT One V2 from eBay.

Assuming it doesn't have the latest maps and TT software, I have a few questions:

1. Can I upgrade to Nav 7 and use the SD slot to utilize the latest 2GB NA map?

2. What are the differences between the 1GB USA & Canada map and the 2GB NA map?

3. Would I be eligible for an upgrade price on my TT One V2?

4. Is there a way to use the RDS-TMC receiver on my TT One V2?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm really looking to get the most out of my device. I can't wait to receive it. Any other suggestions for optimizing my TT are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, the upgrade to Nav 7 lite is available through HOME. upgrading to a bigger SD card will help when purchasing the North America map.
The North America map has more details such as water display, parks, etc. I know with the older maps, the NA map's POI database was better than the US_and_Canada map.
I believe the maps are on sale right now too.
The TMC reciever is only available for the x10 series, x20, ONE 3rd edition. and the ONE XL series

I realize now I'd rather have V2 over V3. I'd prefer upgrading the maps over utilization of the RDS-TMC. I can't wait to receive it.

Thanks, Pedro2NR.

Ask a Question