Newbie, please be gentle with me. :-)

TomTom Model(s)
540-S
Hi Gang,, Brand new here. Some background may help.
I am an old Fart (65) and recently purchased a Tom Tom, 540-S . Got the dashboard mount for my Toyota Prius.
I decided on Tom Tom when the update for my Garmin NUVI would have cost me almost as much as the new TOM TOM

I jumped though the hoops on the unit and got it all updated, and am considering if I need to pay for the map updates as they become available.

One thing I really would like to find is a mapping program for the computer that will allow me to edit routs and then put them on the GPS. And someday an app to link Google Earth to my GPS.

AND one question that is driving me nutzo is I put in a one time address and now for the life of me I can not get that out of the unit.

Welcome to TTF.

Make sure you make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents before doing anything else. If not sure how, see here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...4-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html

If you got the unit (new) within the last 30 days, you are entitled to the latest map guarantee for free. The current one is 840 BUT a new (845) map is due any day now so, if your existing map is a version lower than 840, wait a week or so before going for the LMG. Check here to see if 845 is released and wait till it is.

I think what you are looking for is Navige to --> Recent Destination and then click 'delete'. ALL destinations on that screen will be deleted.

On the other hand, if you are asking about a poi address you had entered and you are seeing that poi icon on the Navigate to screen, well, the way TomTom works is that icon gets replaced by a different poi icon when you navigate to it.

Hi Gang,, Brand new here. Some background may help.
I am an old Fart (65) and recently purchased a Tom Tom, 540-S . Got the dashboard mount for my Toyota Prius.
I decided on Tom Tom when the update for my Garmin NUVI would have cost me almost as much as the new TOM TOM

I jumped though the hoops on the unit and got it all updated, and am considering if I need to pay for the map updates as they become available.

One thing I really would like to find is a mapping program for the computer that will allow me to edit routs and then put them on the GPS. And someday an app to link Google Earth to my GPS.

AND one question that is driving me nutzo is I put in a one time address and now for the life of me I can not get that out of the unit.

just a little information. Did you put in your address as a favorite. If you do, you can save this location. However to really save a location so it will not be deleted with a map update their are other things you can do. Just let us know. Above all, Welcome to this forum!

Ask a Question