newbe looking for first gps

I've been looking for my first gps and have been interested in the go 630 that radio shack sells,but can't find much info on this unit. It's on sale and for the money seems to offer a lot of features. Any use this or can offer a opinion?

If it's your first GPS I'm sure the TomTom Go 630 will do everything you want and more.

It seems to score quite high from the reviews I have seen. The pros outweigh the cons, for sure. For example:

Pros: Sleek design; simple to use; accurate text- and voice-guided directions; affordable priced

Cons: No text-to-speech functionality or traffic receiver

If it's your first GPS I'm sure the TomTom Go 630 will do everything you want and more.

It seems to score quite high from the reviews I have seen. The pros outweigh the cons, for sure. For example:

Pros: Sleek design; simple to use; accurate text- and voice-guided directions; affordable priced

Cons: No text-to-speech functionality or traffic receiver

Peter715 Your reply prompted me to check the specs The 630 does have text-to-speech.

Peter715 Your reply prompted me to check the specs The 630 does have text-to-speech.

My bad. Sorry if I gave misleading information, I just quickly looked into it when I saw you needed help but must have confused myself and accidentally read something fro a different device.

Sorry again but I hope you have managed to find the info you needed on it now.

you should also consider the xl 340S It has most everthing including the 8.25 maps and the latest application.

Last edited:
My advice to anyone buying their first GPS would be to check google maps and yahoo maps for the areas you are going to be driving the most in, and see which map is the most up to date. If it's google go with TomTom or any others that use TeleAtlas, if it's Yahoo then get a unit (eg Garmin) that uses Navteq maps.

Great advice, Glen!

My advice to anyone buying their first GPS would be to check google maps and yahoo maps for the areas you are going to be driving the most in, and see which map is the most up to date. If it's google go with TomTom or any others that use TeleAtlas, if it's Yahoo then get a unit (eg Garmin) that uses Navteq maps.

Ask a Question