New XL 335T..Reinstall problems!

Hello all,

I received a TT XL 335T yesterday for xmas.

I plugged it into my Macbook Pro to charge it..and then went through the usual - dl'ed TT Home and turned the device on.

It said that there was a map update available through latest map guarantee..naturally, i clicked 'update' and it went about it's business dl'ing the map from online and then it went to install it to the device. It seemed as though it was taking quite some time, but i left it alone - then it hung in the middle of the install and the TT ejected itself rendering the device useless.

I unplugged the TT and plugged it back in - only to try the map update several times to end up with the same result.

I tried formatting the device and plugging it in and allowing it to reinstall the device application and maps, etc. - I get through the application, voice and such but always get stuck in the middle of the map install and it ejects itself.

I do not know what else to do - I did not make a backup as I did not think that was necessary right out of the box and the TT Home update seemed totally legit and trouble-free.

does anyone have experience with this or know how to reinstall everything from scratch??

Thanks so much in advance as I'm without a GPS until this is resolved!

Similar Problem: MacBook Pro + TomTom XL

TomTom was working perfectly.
Had it for about two months now.
Performed an update - went fine I thought, then saw I was missing the US map,
Went to install the US Map, keep getting message that the internal drive (TomTom) was ejected by user.
So I'm thinking that the MAC is unmounting the TomTom but not by me.
Now I need to find out what's the trigger.
Could use some help.

Hello all,

I received a TT XL 335T yesterday for xmas.

I plugged it into my Macbook Pro to charge it..and then went through the usual - dl'ed TT Home and turned the device on.

It said that there was a map update available through latest map guarantee..naturally, i clicked 'update' and it went about it's business dl'ing the map from online and then it went to install it to the device. It seemed as though it was taking quite some time, but i left it alone - then it hung in the middle of the install and the TT ejected itself rendering the device useless.

I unplugged the TT and plugged it back in - only to try the map update several times to end up with the same result.

I tried formatting the device and plugging it in and allowing it to reinstall the device application and maps, etc. - I get through the application, voice and such but always get stuck in the middle of the map install and it ejects itself.

I do not know what else to do - I did not make a backup as I did not think that was necessary right out of the box and the TT Home update seemed totally legit and trouble-free.

does anyone have experience with this or know how to reinstall everything from scratch??

Thanks so much in advance as I'm without a GPS until this is resolved!
I also have a new 335T and a Mac. I did an update and now am stopped at a "no maps found" screen. This seems like a nice tool, sure would be nice to find out.

Ask a Question