New User to Tomtom

Hi Guys, just got my first ever GPS got the Tomtom one. Its pretty slick. I have four questions:

1) I live in Canada have Bell mobility and want to know how do I setup the weather option?
2) I have noticed a lot of people talking about free trials for tomtom plus but i dont know how to get my trial. I got a credit card thing with the unit and put that in as my code and it didnt work...
3)Why would I buy more maps for the unit when it came with them? Are they better? more detailed?
4)I noticed a lot of people post POI, are they easy to install and get?

Thanks for all the help sorry total noob.

Hello, and welcome to the forum

1) I live in Canada have Bell mobility and want to know how do I setup the weather option?

You can check the weather through the HOME application, which might be easier because you don't have to pair your bluetooth phone. If you want to go the phone route check the compatibility list to see if you can pair it.

2) I have noticed a lot of people talking about free trials for tomtom plus but i dont know how to get my trial. I got a credit card thing with the unit and put that in as my code and it didnt work...

I believe the free trial you are talking about is the Traffic service. We don't have traffic service in Canada but the road conditions do work. However, you need a compitable phone to pair with your unit.

3)Why would I buy more maps for the unit when it came with them? Are they better? more detailed?

If you have the map version 660.xxxx I would say the map upgrade is worth it as you are only paying $6 for a DVD that contains many maps including the NA maps which are about $100.

4)I noticed a lot of people post POI, are they easy to install and get?

Yup, just look at the this sticky :D - Link

I forgot one more thing. Ok I spent most of the night trying to figure out how to program my own route into tomtom.

I want to go on a holiday that i have gone on for the last couple of years. I have a set route in mind that I know is a bit quicker than the one tomtom is giving me. How do I do this? Most of the trip is around highways and roads..is there a way I can look at the map and put down waypoint flags on the appropriate roads? or can I enter in the roads somewhere so that it follows my exact directions?

Thanks

I forgot one more thing. Ok I spent most of the night trying to figure out how to program my own route into tomtom.

I want to go on a holiday that i have gone on for the last couple of years. I have a set route in mind that I know is a bit quicker than the one tomtom is giving me. How do I do this? Most of the trip is around highways and roads..is there a way I can look at the map and put down waypoint flags on the appropriate roads? or can I enter in the roads somewhere so that it follows my exact directions?

Thanks

To 'force' the TT to take your route, you need to use Itinerary funtion.

Ask a Question