New User: Iteneray

Hello All,

Just bought a TT1 and am loving it. I'll be using it on my day job (field manager for the phone company) to guide me on routes where I go out and inspect my technicians work. I'll use Iteneraries for this.

Here's the thing though...

1. I'll put in 4-5-6 addresses into the Intenerary as stops or waypoints or whatever.

2. I'll want to leave my office location, stop at each location and return there, no problem.

The problem is that the Itenerary doesn't seem to map the waypoints or stops in any logical order. I'd want to hit the closest stop first, then proceed throught the rest and then return. In order to have it plan any kind of reasonable route I have to plot them out on Streets & Trips first and then rearrange the stops on the TT1.

Is there a way to see all the Itenerary stops on the TT1 map at once or have it arrange them in some kind of order based on where they are?

Thanks. Loving my TT1.

Lawrence

Hey Lawrence,

I believe what you want to do cannot be done by itenerary.
I would suggest the best method for you is to create your own POI for your work sites.
This is why:
If you have your POI category, then you can make them show up all in the map once.
If you need to know which one is the closest from you, it can tell you the distance to that place when the list of POI is looked up when you plan a trip using "poi nearest you" option.
Then I would actually use not itenerary, but "travel via" function when you plan to get from point A-B-C...
I hope this helped

Have you tried setting more waypoints along the routes you want to take to make sure it goes the way you want and the order that you want to go?

The waypoints appear in the order you enter, TomTom doesn't optimize them for you.
On a 4" screen it's hard to vizualize all these, unless they are close to each other. You can use the slide bar on right to zoom the map, or you hold the finger down and drag it. I prefer using the eraser end of a pencil than my finger.
One way is to create a POI Category, put all the waypoints in. They will appear in the order of the closest distance to where your GPS is. Unfortunately this is the birdflight distance which can be deceiving.

Ask a Question