New TT Home Aghhhhhhhhh

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
Sory to gripe but holy cow. I just updated my Home to 2.6.1.1549 I can not operate my rider again they just got it workin on the last upgrade what the heck. Has any one else had tis problem. I guess I can call support but I would rather rant first.Sorry Rant over. (for now)

Pat

Last edited:
Not sure what to tell you other than I did the update as well, and to my amazement, everything still works.

What application version are you running on your TTR2?

The latest is 7.901

Cheers

I have just done the update and agree arghhhhhhhhhhh. I can no longer "Prepare a route". Haven't tried any thing else yet. The rider works just fine, just can't do what I want in "Operate my Rider" in TT Home. My App. Version is 7.901 and TT Home is 2.3.1.1549

Just tried a few more things ... zooming and panning on the map appear to be causing the problem. If I try to move to a location on the map, then zoom in and pan across more than a couple of times, the map locks up ... flashing vertical lines on the side of the Rider screen representation on the computer. If I click done, then try to re-enter operate my rider, I end up with a locked black screen ..... I will email Tomtom and report this fault. Hope not too many others encounter this problem. Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I have just done the update and agree arghhhhhhhhhhh. I can no longer "Prepare a route". Haven't tried any thing else yet. The rider works just fine, just can't do what I want in "Operate my Rider" in TT Home. My App. Version is 7.901 and TT Home is 2.3.1.1549

Just tried a few more things ... zooming and panning on the map appear to be causing the problem. If I try to move to a location on the map, then zoom in and pan across more than a couple of times, the map locks up ... flashing vertical lines on the side of the Rider screen representation on the computer. If I click done, then try to re-enter operate my rider, I end up with a locked black screen ..... I will email Tomtom and report this fault. Hope not too many others encounter this problem. Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was too ticked to go into it but you described it to a tee.thanks. What ver. map are you running?

Pat

Sory to gripe but holy cow. I just updated my Home to 2.6.1.1549 I can not operate my rider again they just got it workin on the last upgrade what the heck. Has any one else had tis problem. I guess I can call support but I would rather rant first.Sorry Rant over. (for now)

Pat

I was never able to operate my rider until I upgraded my map. Wish it weren't so, but if you want to enjoy the full capabilities of your TomTom home you'll probably have to upgrade. Customer Service probably won't tell you that. I don't like calling Customer Service because they always put me on hold so they can run off and ask their daddy. When they come back to the phone they usually tell me "sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, just keep trying" or "it should be fixed in the next upgrade".

I have just received an email from Tomtom in reply to my question to them about my frozen TT Rider after installing the latest version of TT Home. They advise a new version of TT Home will be released on 8 April and this should resolve the issue.

Just curious if you had tried a pin reset?

Mine hasnt frozen for a long long time, but the couple of times it did, a pin reset got it going again.

cheers

Hi rcacs

I have done a pin reset but that was when the Rider became inoperable on its own, caused by a corrupt file (that's why I carry a spare SD card!!!) ... the issue I have had is only since installing the latest version of TT Home and only occurrs when I try to "Operate my Rider" within TT Home.
Hope the new version resolves this issue.

PC

Just curious if you had tried a pin reset?

Mine hasnt frozen for a long long time, but the couple of times it did, a pin reset got it going again.

cheers

Sorry I have not back to you sooner E-Mail Glitch
The Pin Reset did nothing it only locks up when running Home. Intresting you say I have an old map I got it for christmas 08 there were no new maps during the year that I could find now I just need to save some cash & buy the new ver for this ridding season. Cant wait for the rains to come & wash some salt away!!!!!!

I have just installed the latest version of TT Home (2.6.2.1586) and all my problems have gone away!!! I haven't updated my maps and am sticking with my original version ... am beginning to think that "if it isn't broken, don't mess with it". I shall wait and watch the forum before installing any updates in future I think!

PC

Last edited:
Not sure what to tell you other than I did the update as well, and to my amazement, everything still works.

What application version are you running on your TTR2?

The latest is 7.901

Cheers

Hi, I am a new member to the forum and also a new owner of a TTR2 as of this week. I am NOT able to successfully use the "Operate my rider" functionality as it displays "No Maps found".
I see by looking in this and other threads that this has been a problem apparently since the introduction of the Rider 2.

I have submitted a ticket on this issue prior to joining the forum (and seeing all the past problems in this area!)

I believe that I have all the latest updates as follows (obtained by performing the TomTom Home "System Information":

Version = 2.6.3.1609
Language = en-US
User name = (e-mail address removed)
Login status = User is logged in
Server = https://home.tomtom.com/redir/
Connection settings = Direct connection to the Internet (default)
Installed add-ons = Map status indicator 1.6, TomTom HOME default theme 1.0.1, Emulator 7.901.9181.1
Name = TomTom RIDER 2nd Edition

Today after discussing the prombem with Hotline, I was told that this is a know problem and is an issue on the device software, NOtTwith TomTom Home software. I asked about aa fix date... not known.

Can anyone advise?

Should I reopen a thread or create a new one? Opinions please!

Thanks

Hi Richsp51
I am currently using TTHome v. 2.6.2.1586 and am reluctant to upgrade to 2.6.3.1609 after the problem I encountered at the last update. I am going to now adopt a wait and see attitude and monitor any issues with the latest version of Home before installing it.

PC

server error on tom tom home

Pat

just tried to download new tomtom home and server MAY be down so I am getting an error message. maybe this server error is also causing your problem.

Anyone know if the "map subscription available" bug is fixed in the new version?

Ask a Question