New TT 1-XLS Owner.

TomTom Model(s)
ONE XL-S
Hi Everyone. Just wanted to check in as an owner of a new TT One XL-S. I'm not new to GPS Navigation, not at all. I've been using GPS in the car for about 10 years now using DeLorme's Street Atlas on a laptop, using two different DeLorme GPS receivers over the years. It was time to "modernize" and get something WAY MORE convenient to use! When I started using GPS in the car, nobody knew what it was and everyone was fascinated. It was barely even available as a built-in option at that time.

I've got LOTS of questions about my unit and how it operates, routes, speaks, how Map Share "really" works, questions about the "North American" maps vs. my built in USA maps, finding details about what updates do, etc. The TT has some funny differences from the way my Street Atlas used to route, and I'd like to try to figure out why, but these things I'll bring up one at a time in the respective areas.

Currently my unit has USA_CANADA map 710.1575, and it received an update of the main APP today when I went online, bringing it to 7.162

Greetings to all.

Jeff in New Jersey.

Ask a Question