New TomTom XL 335 S

TomTom Model(s)
XL 335.S
I've been wanting a GPS for a while now - ever since seeing my father-in-law's TomTom in action when we visited him in Australia back in 2007. The GPS made a driving trip in Queensland much easier and, since I tend to get lost quite frequently, I figured it would be a useful gadget for me.

Any way, my wife picked up an XL 335 S for me (from Costco) for Christmas.

All was going well. I'd played with the interface a little at home, browsing the map from home and playing with the various voices. We used it for the first time, to actually navigate, yesterday and (after a few teething troubles) were pretty pleased with the results.

Then "disaster" struck.

I decided to update my map - got various error messages about files not being copied properly and not having enough memory. The end result was that I have a map on my TomTom (which I can see on TomTom Home) but Home says it needs authorizing and the unit itself says there are no maps installed - GRRR! :mad:

Thankfully, I found this forum and I'm now in the process of trying to restore my map.

Ask a Question