New TOMTOM Maps not as good as what I used to have...

My two cents worth. I am VERY disappointed with TOMTOMs switch to TeleAtlas maps. I used to have an old Palm Tungsten which ran TOMTOM software with navteq maps. The navteq maps showed where I lived (all the roads, etc). My new GO 720 shows my town as a point on the side of the road and doesn't even have the spelling of the community right. I have sent a complaint to TomTom as I believe having something disappear from a map, regardless of the map provider, is unacceptable and I have also sent information directly to teleatlas. I am guessing my biggest beef out of all of this is going to be that I will have to wait for the next update to get a proper map which I will have to fork more money out for, since I really doubt this will be fixed using map share.

Has anyone else had experience with this?

PS: Besides the map issue (which is quite big), I think the TT GO 720 is a nice machine.

PSS: Why would TomTom partner with Google, which uses navteq? I can find my community on there, but not on my TT720 (TeleAtlas). This doesn't seem like the greatest partnership to me if the companies aren't using the same information.

Last edited:

Ask a Question