New TomTom 540 maps out of date

I purchased a brand new sealed TomTom Go 540 Live yesterday from Halfords in the UK. When I run TomTom Home it is telling me that the maps are 4 quarters out of date and wants to charge me ?28 to upgrade them. However, on the TomTom web site it clearly states

"Your TomTom device comes with the latest and most complete maps of your region pre-installed. Door-to-door accurate navigation anywhere across your region."

Any ideas how I can get the latest most up to date map without having to pay for it?

Thanks

If you have the latest application for your unit, (connect to Home 'Update My Unit') then go to the Latest Map guarantee and see what's offered, if anything.

Also, tap the satellite bars on the unit to see the current application installed. Tap the version number to see the map installed. I think the latest map is 835 for your unit but am not sure. (we don't have a 540 model in North america). SuperMod mikealder, who resides in the UK will hopefully be along sooner or later and be able to give better advice and information. May require a call to UK support.

Home is notoriously useless quite often when giving faulty messages about maps being up to date.

Brilliant. Worked it out thanks. Had to use the map guarantee from the tools menu. Simple when you know how :)

Cheers

Last edited:
Good stuff.......

Once installed, make a complete Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents.

Ask a Question