"No Maps!" TomTom 540M

First GPS (540M XXL) and I'm already disappointed. Received it this evening, installed TomTom Home, went through the registation process. Started my first map download, completed it, them when it was installed it, my mac froze. I proceeded to force quit the app which obviously didn't complete the download. Now I have a gps unit that doesn't work. TomTom the pages offer no help whatsoever. I sent an email to them as well, but probably won't get a response in time.

I tried a bunch of things after reading through a couple of message boards such as removing the corrupt map file, US, Canada, Mexico should be 1.17gb or something in size, my file was 718mb. I removed it from my tomtom and saved it on my desktop.

The problem is now the gps is saying I have no room, the map pack is 1.17gb and I only have 1112mb available. I'm at a loss and would really appreciate any help anyone can offer. I can't figure out why this is so difficult.

Thanks.

Make a Finder, not Home, backup of your unit's contents.

Delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents. Connect to Home and install the application offered.

Follow the instructions here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...nstall-downloaded-map-without-using-home.html

Where you see Explorer referenced, substitute Finder.

Also there is an issue where deleted files apparently can go into a hidden trash bin or something (I'm not a Mac user) So you have to make sure they are truly removed.

Ask a Question