new Tom Tom and old Tom Tom

TomTom Model(s)
1535 Live
My husband received a Tom Tom 350M XL for Christmas. I still have my Tom Tom 130. Is it possible to use both devices on my computer using one copy of Tom Tom Home? If so, would you take me through the steps, please?

My husband received a Tom Tom 350M XL for Christmas. I still have my Tom Tom 130. Is it possible to use both devices on my computer using one copy of Tom Tom Home? If so, would you take me through the steps, please?

Yes it is. BUT... be sure to register your new TomTom using a different email address. It doesn't even have to be a legit address... just the standard format like (e-mail address removed).

When you connect your old TT to HOME, it should recognize the model # and show that info at the bottom-right of the screen. When you connect the new TT, it won't recognize it and ask you to register. Just use a different email addy when registering that one.

I'm using the same HOME for both of my devices (see sig line below).

Good luck and welcome to TomTomForum.

Thanks Rick. I should also mention that he owned a previous Tom Tom that I had registered in Tom Tom Home. That device was stolen, and now he has the new one. When I went to use his original email address with the new device, I ran into problems. I did choose to use the old email address with the new device, but Home displayed an error when I did this. There was also a statement about not having the latest device software.

Ask a Question