New Rider

TomTom Model(s)
Rider
Hi,
I'm Kenny from Bogalusa, La. Just got a new Rider about a week ago and installed it on my Yamaha Royal Star Venture. Also got a Kennedy cell set which allows you to link the tomttom and cellphone into your helmet so both you and passanger can hear voice and talk on the phone. So far we love it. I'm new to GPS and have a few questions.
1. Why did I have to pay $49 for map upgrade?
2. Just tried the rider in the auto, but the head set for the auto does not work well. The speaker is plenty loud but when transmitting the other person can barely hear. Tried moving mike and still no good. Well I called tech and they told me to go to phone pref. on the menu and mike vol. and speaker vol. is there but is greyed out. No access. When I talked to them, did'nt have my headset with me and was at work, so have not been able to call back. Any ideas?
Sorry if I posted the quest. in the wrong place.
Great site:)
Kenny

Hello and welcome to TTF.

To answer your first question:

TomTom GO 910, GO 510, ONE and Navigator 6 customers in North America will not be charged for the new maps during the update period of December 20, 2006 through April 15, 2007. You will be charged only for shipping and handling.

All other TomTom customers are eligible for the new maps at the specially discounted price of $49.95 plus S & H through April 15, 2007.

The TT Rider model is not included in the promotion of just paying the S&H. Link

Ask a Question