New Rider Models

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom 930
TomTom formally announced a new Rider model this morning at their Amsterdam press event. The Urban Rider (Why do I think of a Travolta movie?:rolleyes:), basicly a Rider2 with revised software and screen slated to appear in Europe sometime this summer. Now gloved-hand friendly, it adds IQR, but dumps the SD expandable memory slot in favor of increased flash storage. Battery life also reported to be up to 6 hrs, tho sadly the active mount has been made an option now at an additional charge. No announced plans for a US release, tho I'd be surprised if it doesn't appear by late fall.

I wonder ig this is going to be any better than my Rider v1 which is now showing it's age and reliability?

Has anyone actually got their hands on one of these Urban Riders yet, I'm seriously looking for a sat nav for my bike and would really like to compare its functionality against the V2 and dare I say Zumo550 .

Cheers

Ask a Question