New owner - updated map is wrong

Purchased TTOne 3rd ed.
Came with map 7.10. Updated it to 7.15.
Both maps are missing an extension to Queen St / Honolulu, HI that was completed around 2005!!!

What I don't understand - the TeleAtlas site has the correct map. At the bottom, it shows "Tele Atlas Multinet 2007.10" Isn't this the map that's supposed to be in TomTom 7.15?

The TT shows Queen st. ending at Kamakee St. Tele Atlas correctly shows it continuing east and intersecting with Waimanu St. - see screenshot
2317266952_3669770cc1.jpg

2316495755_097cbaaa83.jpg

Newbie Questions: Do any of the 7.15 maps for other TT devices correctly show this street?

Will the unexpandable 1gb memory of this unit be a serious limiting handicap?
Is map detail (POI's, etc.) severely limited with this unit because of limited memory?
Would it be OK to remove files on the device I'm never going to use (map of Guam, files for languages other than English, etc)?

Is it normal for the suction mount to suck (that's a joke - I think it's worthless as it has already fallen off of glass 3x. Or am I an idiot who doesn't know how to make it suck?)

Is it correct that any missing/incorrect street like the one I'm concerned with can't be corrected until a new map is released (which will be beyond my 30 days and cost me $)?

I am thinking of returning this unit as this street is a major, important one, close to where I live and one where friends live.

Last edited:
the answer to every one of your questions is yes

except for the idiot bit...the answer there is no. :D

Just to make sure I understand you -
You are saying that you've seen the relevant area of Honolulu, HI, USA on a different model TomTom with updated (715) map and the map is correct on a different model TomTom?

It shows the street on my 920 North America 715.1712

Hawaii.jpg

The street doesn't have a name but the it is there.
I can rename the street and send the corrections via MapShare.

Like Pedro's 920, mine 720 (v710) shows the same thing ("Unnamed road," but it's there)... I would assume this will change with few MapShare updates...

Purchased TTOne 3rd ed.
Came with map 7.10. Updated it to 7.15.
Both maps are missing an extension to Queen St / Honolulu, HI that was completed around 2005!!!

What I don't understand - the TeleAtlas site has the correct map. At the bottom, it shows "Tele Atlas Multinet 2007.10" Isn't this the map that's supposed to be in TomTom 7.15?

The TT shows Queen st. ending at Kamakee St. Tele Atlas correctly shows it continuing east and intersecting with Waimanu St. - see screenshot
2317266952_3669770cc1.jpg

2316495755_097cbaaa83.jpg

Newbie Questions: Do any of the 7.15 maps for other TT devices correctly show this street?

Will the unexpandable 1gb memory of this unit be a serious limiting handicap?
Is map detail (POI's, etc.) severely limited with this unit because of limited memory?
Would it be OK to remove files on the device I'm never going to use (map of Guam, files for languages other than English, etc)?

Is it normal for the suction mount to suck (that's a joke - I think it's worthless as it has already fallen off of glass 3x. Or am I an idiot who doesn't know how to make it suck?)

Is it correct that any missing/incorrect street like the one I'm concerned with can't be corrected until a new map is released (which will be beyond my 30 days and cost me $)?

I am thinking of returning this unit as this street is a major, important one, close to where I live and one where friends live.

Report the error via map share. www.tomtom.com/7252

Thank you.
My mind is made up - this TomTom is going back to the store I bought it from (thankfully one that has satisfaction guarantee).
Not only is the street missing - in the 2 days I've been trying it, the entire metropolitan area of Honolulu is screwy.
For example, K-Mart, which opened in January 1993 (that's 15 years ago!) is not in the device. Stores that have closed years ago ARE in the device.
A WalMart open since 2004 is not in the device.

In downtown Honolulu, it tells me to turn left where no left turn is allowed, and in fact would be impossible. Then it has a nasty habit of telling me to "turn around" or "make a U-turn" where it would be really dangerous instead of just recalculating a new route.

And I've gotten the nonsensical canned response from TomTom support about how they are out mapping EUROPE daily....and the errors aren't their fault, it's their supplier! Ha! BS to the max!

And, to response 1 above - what good would it do to report the missing street map error to TomTom (which I've already done) when all they do is "report it to their provider", and has been demonstrated in this thread, the provider has the correct map already, and in fact, other models of TomTom with the "same" version map show the street!

Last edited:

Ask a Question