New One XL-S user

TomTom Model(s)
One XL-S
Hi all,
I'm a new one xl-s user and new to this forum.
Can anyone help me get the Text to Speech working on my TT and does anyone know of any more comprehensive user manuals other than the very basic manual on the TT website? Thanks

For text to speech, you need to go in preferences and change the voice to a ?computer? voice and check the available options that accompany the selection. If you need to change computer voices in Home to see what is available, you need to go into add maps, voices etc. and you will be presented with a new screen. The first screen mentions voices but you need to go to additional selections as those are fantasy voices and not what you wish, by selcting the arrow you will eventually get to the?computer voices? selection. The XL-S has 1GB of internal memory and you will need to delete whatever computer voice present to add a new one. All additions and deletions should be done in Home and you will need to go to the appropriate selection to do this.

Before doing anything, you should backup all your XL-S using Windows Explorer but do not use Home to do so. Just make sure you copy everything including hidden files to your hard drive and even recommend burining the content to a DVD. That way, if you mess it up, you can always go back to a known working state. It should be done immediately when you get it. It will take quite a while because the XL-S is usb standard v1.1 as all other ONE models.

Unfortunately, there are no other manuals available.

Text to Speech

Gilbert, Thanks for your help. I've done all that so now I'll just have to put it to the test. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Ask a Question