New Mytomtom update

TomTom Model(s)
2535M Live
Their was a new MyTomTom update today Version 3.02.363 for my 2535 M Live unit . The following is what it supposed to correct
Version 3.0.2.363 for Windows & 3.0.2.380 for Mac

Improved visibility for multiple downloads
Improved connection response time
Resolution for downloads freezing at 100%

I like the Menu Bar Reminder of MyTomTom

Having owned a couple of other TomTom GPS units I was wondering what the deal was regarding MyTomTom over TomTom Home. I have to say that after coming home from a trip the menu bar icon warning that there was an update on my iMac was handy. If this works for map updates I'll be even happier.

I was wondering what the deal was regarding MyTomTom over TomTom Home.

I'm not really sure what your question is there, but I think it's safe to say:

All new TomTom models will use 'MyTomTom' from now on.

There won't be any major new updates to 'Home 2', maybe just the odd bug-fix (it certainly needs some!).

It's not known if they will ever migrate the old machines over onto the 'MyTomTom' system, but personally I doubt it.

Having owned a couple of other TomTom GPS units I was wondering what the deal was regarding MyTomTom over TomTom Home. I have to say that after coming home from a trip the menu bar icon warning that there was an update on my iMac was handy. If this works for map updates I'll be even happier.

The big difference - Home worked, MyTomTom does not.

The big difference - Home worked, MyTomTom does not.

Actually, Home often didn't work either!

But My TT has been pretty good at doing what it's meant to do for some time now. What's not working for you?

Or did you mean something subtly different.... That you still can't do things with MyTomTom that you used to be able to do in Home? (just little things like buying maps or getting new voices!)

I just purchased a new 2535 Live and installed myTomTom on my MacBook Pro and I seem to get a beachball every time I connect. Anyone have any ideas? I have a G0720 and TT Home works fine.

Try resetting the 2535 by holding the power button about 1o seconds till you hear the drum sounds. Then connect to the Mac and see if MyTomTom changes to 'connected' after a few seconds.

Actually, Home often didn't work either!

But My TT has been pretty good at doing what it's meant to do for some time now. What's not working for you?

Or did you mean something subtly different.... That you still can't do things with MyTomTom that you used to be able to do in Home? (just little things like buying maps or getting new voices!)

My TT does ok. MyTomTom nrrds much improvement. It will not get the latest maps pf my LifeTime maps, no map corrections, I hope quick fix will also be a future addition. They went from Home (full feature) to MyTomTom (featureless) and then did not continue to make MyTomTom work as they said they would.

Try resetting the 2535 by holding the power button about 1o seconds till you hear the drum sounds. Then connect to the Mac and see if MyTomTom changes to 'connected' after a few seconds.

Thanks for the tip! I uninstalled, reinstalled, repaired permissions, etc... Then it works. My first impression of the mac version of myTomTom is that it's a little flakey. Hoepfully it evolves like TT Home did (which is still buggy on the mac side).

Ask a Question