New Member, with a question - of course!

Hi I just started using a TomTom XL 350 TM. Yes, I did the "proper" backup, but only after I learned about it here, thank you everyone. I have been using a Garmin Nuvi 255 and one of the things that it does that I haven't been able to find on the 350 is show the written directions for my route. Is there a way for the TomTom to do that? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advanced,

Jeff

That option and many others have been removed from models with the 'EasyMenu'.

However, an undocumented tip:
After the route is planned and you are in the summary screen, tap once in the lower right of the screen followed by 2 quick taps in the top right of the screen and you should be offered a route demo screen to look at.

I have been using a Garmin Nuvi 255 and one of the things that it does that I haven't been able to find on the 350 is show the written directions for my route. Is there a way for the TomTom to do that? Any help is appreciated.

The trick dhn mentioned enables a visual simulation of driving your route. The 350 doesn't offer step-by-step text directions like the full-menu Tomtoms do.

You'd need a full-menu device to see the text directions. An equivalent model to the 350 with a full menu is the 340.

Ask a Question