New Member & Few Questions

TomTom Model(s)
XL Europe Live IQR
Hi,

I'm Jason live in UK and just purchased the TomTom Europe XL Live IQR yesterday this is my 2nd tomtom sat nav.

Here is my questions:

1) If you have the live version does that mean you still need the RDS-TMC Receiver ? As I've noticed there is no Green circle on the side-bar. The traffic says it's been updated.

2) I've also updated the machine and know when I press the bottom right corner the info with the version number doesn't come up? I know it's version 9 something due to it being updated?

Many Thanks

Jason

Welcome to TTF. As I understand it, the Live traffic relies on a sim card built into the unit to receive the information (like a cell phone). If Live services aren't working (a common occurance what with faulty application updates and flakey servers), then traffic 'falls back' to the built in rds-tmc antenna in the car charger.

Does your model show satellite bars on the screen? If not, I think there is an icon for your model that is for data information that you can tap to see the application and map versions installed.

Hi Dhn,

Thanks for the reply. I went into the shop I purchased it from and they actually answered all my questions and checked it was fine and working ok,which it is all fine. So appreciate your help you have provided for me.

Regards

Jason

Ask a Question