New Maps

TomTom Model(s)
XL
Hi Everyone
I just got my tomtom One a couple of weeks ago and so far it is great. This forum is the main reason that I purchased a tomtom instead of some other brand. Thanks to all of you for your very informative posts. I have one request. I just downloaded the USA and Canada version 665 maps but after reading comments posted in the forums I'm not sure if I want to install them. All of the comments that I have read were negative, is there anyone out there that has any positive comments regarding the new maps. I would especially be interested in hearing from someone that has used them around Seattle, WA. My wife and I are flying into Seattle in a couple of weeks and then spending two weeks driving through Washington State and ending up in Portland OR.
I have done a couple of backups since getting my unit so if I decide to install the new maps and then change my mind I can go back to the old ones.

I downgraded to the NA 6.5 maps and have been pretty happy. We just got back from Portland this past weekend and everything was spot on. From Portland to Corvallis over to Newport up Hwy 101 with no problems.

Thanks for the reply. Can I ask why you downgraded, was it because of problems you experienced with 665 maps.

Can anyone answer this question. Since I submitted the original reply I have been poking around in the list of files on the tomtom. I discovered files with names identical to poi categories that I have created. I have added poi's for the hotels and motels where we will be staying and the sites that we will be visiting in these categories. If I were to update to the new maps I assume I would loose these. Can I get them back by copying the .bmp and .ov2 files from my backup into the new USA_and_Canada Directory on the tomtom.

Thanks.

Ask a Question