New Maps

Just pulled this off the TT site:
Enjoy the most accurate and detailed maps of the US and Canada ever produced. Update includes:

More than 410,000 new road miles and 500,000 points of interest
More than six million new household and business addresses
Improved road detailing for better visual representation
Updated shopping centers, golf courses and more!
FREE for eligible customers through June 15, 2007!

It would not let me upgrade apparently since I already took the one that just expired. (Which I no longer use because it is so inaccurate!!!)
It's the same map you got for $6.

Hi Nextourer.
I live in Montreal.
I have no time to do extensive investigation, but I think there are improvements, because I have to rely much less on S & T and Google Map now.
lol.. ok. I can tell you that some of the new roads in Greater Vancouver aren't there.

The New Maps are a piece of expletive deleted! Routings changed for the worse over the prior verstion - less direct and longer. Time estimates are off; POI's some of the categories have bad info, e.g., beaches and companies have no local entries - only many many miles away!. So speed limit display. Any of you moderators hear of any patches or is TT just going to stick with this lousy upgrade? Whew! I feel better now

the 910 (that i just got ) had the older map
it didnt even show my house or
my parents house (they built it 28 years ago)
but the new map shows both homes

i just did the update and it was very easy
thx to yall ... i read on here how to do it and everything went smooth

I live in a "typical" sized town -- 53,000 or so people (city + suburbs) and I found that the new maps are a step backwards for my area. Many 5 & 10 year old roads and subdivisions that were in the old database are now just empty fields.

What a waste of time and money.

What a waste of time and money.

To ba fair though, (assuming you paid the $6 shipping not the $49 - which is obviously a better deal), the DVD comes with many other maps that you can load more importantly the NA & USA/Canada maps cost together ?169.90 if bought online.

If the current update is not what you expected, I suggest you restore from backup, provided you made a backup.

Ask a Question