New Map & activation code

TomTom Model(s)
510 software 6.52
Got my new maps today, finally! Already using 2g card for USA_CANADA maps. Decide to switch to North America. Plugged into Home, Did Back up, Deleted USA_CANADA Map, installed North America Map.

Went to ttcode.com, entered my Product Code.
Then Entered my Device Code, ttcode.com provided Activation Code.
Entered Activation code and get the "Sorry, this is not the correct activation code for the product North_America"....HELP!!!!

No, it didn't. But looking at it again, the card with my new maps says v6.65 USA and Canada Upgrade, no mention of North America. My Original Product code card has a code for North America. Is the upgrade only for USA and Canada Maps?

Ok, smack me...I have a 510, therefore I loaded the wrong map (North America instead of USA and Canada. I didn't realize the 510 can't use the North America maps.

No, it didn't. But looking at it again, the card with my new maps says v6.65 USA and Canada Upgrade, no mention of North America. My Original Product code card has a code for North America. Is the upgrade only for USA and Canada Maps?

No, my card says the exact same thing. I was able to use the code on the card to activate the NA maps.

Just we are on the same page, you do not have the NA maps on your SD Card?

I deleted the USA and Canada maps, then loaded the N America maps on my card. But when I enterd the code, I got the "Sorry...."message. So I then tried the ttcode.com route for an activation code and got the same message.

I'm restoring now, then I'll repeat the process.

I deleted the USA and Canada maps, then loaded the N America maps on my card. But when I enterd the code, I got the "Sorry...."message. So I then tried the ttcode.com route for an activation code and got the same message.

I'm restoring now, then I'll repeat the process.

Yeah see if that helps you out.

What I remember doing (exactly what you just mention) was when I slected the NA maps and clicked install, it asked for a product code. Entered the product code and went fine.

Enter the product code without the spaces. If that doesn't work, enter with the spaces. Also, even though when you type it's all in caps make sure the caps lock is not on.

I just assumed I couldn't use NA cuzz my product code for new maps says USA & Canada.

My card says the exact thing and I have the NA maps :D

Tried to re-install back up, got "toc" errors. Since I still have my original TT SD card, I emptied my 2G'r, and starting fresh on it, installing app, and map from cd. I'll let u know how it goes.

So I load TT app, then NA maps from cd. Then upgrade TT app, slap SD card into TT, and it doesn't even ask me for an activation code?????? Go figure, but it's working !

So I load TT app, then NA maps from cd. Then upgrade TT app, slap SD card into TT, and it doesn't even ask me for an activation code?????? Go figure, but it's working !

Interesting, after all that it works heh. Now you have the NA maps...woot!

It sounds like you transferred the app and software via card reader? The activation happens at the time of transferring to sd card in the TT device so it looks like that was bypassed.

Flash the memory

I had the same problem with my 510 in loading the new maps. I found a thread on this site that told me how to flash the memory. I downloaded the file and this cleared the problem up. This was with the USA and Canada maps. I then went and got a 2 GB card and loaded the NA map with no problem.

Howie

Last edited:
hditkof, glad to hear you searched through the forums and found that thread.

Thanks DF for linking to for other viewers to access it faster.

Ask a Question