New Go 730 cannot work with TomTom Home

My new TomTom Go 730 cannot interface with TomTom Home (latest version). When i start the 730 hooked up to the dock it starts Home but then Home says "No Device Connected". I've tried everything - reset, downloaded a new home_images files and replaced it in the unit and also changed usb points. Can anyone suggest a solution - please, i really want this unit to work as advertised.

Can you see the files and folders on the device if you open the drive letter associated with the TomTom using Windows Explorer? this will let us know if the device is being seen correctly from the computer - Mike

Downgraded to TomTOm Home v2.5 and it WORKS!!

I was using the latest available TomTOm Home v2.7 downloaded from the tomtom website and everything i did didn't work - no device connected. Then i came across a download of the older version 2.5 and it freaking worked!!
It has downloaded all the latest stuff, asked for a reset and it looks great.

Now big question - why did Home v2.7 - the latest - not work at all for my unit? Is every new 730 facing this issue? If not should i return the unit while it's relatively brand new for another?

Before this was resolved with Home 2.5 i was able to get the 730 to show itself in explorer and it did start Home v2.7. Except that Home 2.7 did not recognise the unit somehow...

No, it's not an issue with Home 2.7 and all 730 models. Sometimes a Home installation isn't just quite 'right' and the unit isn't recognized, as you've experienced with your unit.

A pin reset often resolves the situation, but you said you tried that with yours.

Problem resolved.

No, it's not an issue with Home 2.7 and all 730 models. Sometimes a Home installation isn't just quite 'right' and the unit isn't recognized, as you've experienced with your unit.

A pin reset often resolves the situation, but you said you tried that with yours.

EUREKA ! i found the solution. the TomTom folder was set to read only. So i right clicked on the TomTom folder and disabled the read only properties. Installed the latest 2.7 home and it could successfully detect my Go 730. Hopefully this will help others. So check your TomTom folder's properties in Documents\....
I think the TomTom installation didn't do it properly.

This was a clue given by one of the forums that i've read. TomTom support didn't have a clue on how to resolve the issue - maybe i should apply for a job there. Should be easy to get a position there as they seem to be hiring idiots. I emailed them about the problem and they gave me an answer about how to copy my entire contents of the unit to the PC. Dude...if you cannot understand my problem - you're the problem. Lucky for us all there is internet and support from fellow users. Thanks guys.

Thank you for the feedback. Had never heard of Home causing the folder to become 'read only' but I guess I shouldn't be surprised at anything Home does -- or does not do -- anymore.:cool:

I have known Home to rename Folders, sub folders and all files within them resulting in everything being lowercase and a device that simply won't work (910 Text To Speech being a prime example), so if it can acieve this its not beyond the thought process that it can alter folder properties - I hate it with a vengence and refuse to use it for anything other than where it cannot be worked around - Mike

Ask a Question