New App Ver 8.351

TomTom Model(s)
GO 630
FYI, installation of the latest TomTom app 8.351 wipes out the PIN code again. I always install a new app or map to my 8gb SDHC card first so I can test it out and what I can now surmise is the following, note this applies to my GO 630:

1) PIN code is kept on internal memory only

2) Boot sequence starts on internal, loads PIN code into memory then switches to SDHC if installed and boot continues until application start and PIN code entry requested. Verified by booting without SDHC - app version shows 8.350 on internal

3) TomTom is now using the same installer for apps and maps which deletes the PIN code. Verified by post installation of 8.351 to SDHC, no PIN entry required for either SDHC boot or internal boot, reset PIN via TomTom Home - PIN entry required at all times.

HTH,

DeliBaker

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, I don't usually check that forum cause I have a 630.

I did verify again the PIN reset by restoring the SDHC to 8.350 from an explorer backup and let TomTom Home reapply the application update. Sure enough the PIN was wiped out. This could be particular to my series of unit because the memories are used as "either/or" rather than "and" as is your case. If I boot into the SDHC I have absolutely no access to any files on internal memory, photo, document, or whatever, only what is available on the SDHC.

Thanks again,

DeliBaker

Ask a Question