New version 9.40 application, and new issues

First off, I'd like to say that the new interface has a nicer, cleaner look to it. It seems initially to be a little faster as well.

One thing that I can't seem to find quickly is a way to get rid of that 2D/3D toggle right in the middle of my status bar. That thing is ANNOYING! There's an option in the configuration to show 2D/3D on the display, which is not checked.

Does anyone know how to get rid of that? I keep bumping it by mistake since that is where I used to touch to get route information and to clear the route.

Thanks in advance,
Ed

No idea what version firmware you were running before (or even what unit you own), but that's how most version 9.XXX code has looked for a while, so it doesn't look any different to many of us.

The route info is now obtained by touching in the lower right box instead.

I was using the latest available prior to that for an XXL. Drawing a blank on the version number, though. Sorry.

With the previous version, you could customize pretty much anything that was shown on the screen. If this is an intentional design, then they're taking things away from us instead of making this more user-friendly. Not sure how many used the 2D/3D switch, but I sure don't want that right smack dab in the middle of my status bar since I NEVER use it. It should be an option to display or not.

Application update overview

Version 9.400
XL 335 LE/ SE/SE-TM, XL 350, XXL 550, START 40/ 45/ 50/ 55, GO 730, GO 930, GO 630, GO 740 Live, EASE, GO 720, GO 920, ONE 140/ red/ S, XL 340/ S/ LIVE, XXL 540/ S/ WTE, XXL 530S

All supported devices now have an improved status bar with different tabs similar to most recent devices, and a clearer indication of the speed limit.

The Speed Cameras service has the following improvements:

• You are now warned about speed cameras with new, clearer icons.
  • You can now report and delete speed cameras with one touch.
  • You can now confirm that a speed camera is stillthere.
  • When driving in an average speed check zone, your average speed is now displayed.
If you have a LIVE device and a valid subscription, speed camera locations, both fixed and mobile, are now delivered over-the-air.

We have improved the explanation about the data you share with TomTom, and the settings required for you to give permission and share data from your device. *

TomTom Buddies and sending and receiving files from your device using Bluetooth are no longer supported.

The TomTom HD Traffic receiver is also no longer supported. The receiver was only available in the Netherlands. When downloading this software, the TomTom HD Traffic receiver will no longer be compatible with the device. If you want to continue using the HD Traffic receiver, you must not download this software.

GO 520/720/920: if you download a new map after installing this update you will be upgraded to a map that supports addresses in Greek and Russian.

If you use your device at about the same time every day your device will find your current location faster when you first start your device. This improvement is for all compatible devices exceptes the GOx20 and GOx30 devices, and LIVE devices which get QuickGPSfix over the air.

Various performance improvements and bug fixes have been implemented.

Other items that have changed that are not mentioned above:

No satellite signal strength bars on navigation screen.
Markers only good out to 999 miles then they disappear from screen.

Also the emulator in HOME needs to be updated. This seems to happen automatically, though, when used for the first time.

. . .. Not sure how many used the 2D/3D switch, but I sure don't want that right smack dab in the middle of my status bar since I NEVER use it. It should be an option to display or not.

Hummm, doesn't the 2D/3D switch disappear and is replaced by the "next turn" information when you start your itinerary? Seems to reappear however once the itinerary is completed. Seems that is what the programmer's intended with this change - make the switch available before starting a trip as a quick visual aid with one rather than 6 taps to turn on/off 2D; once you are on the trip, the 2D/3D switch can still be toggled by tapping on the "next turn" information.

However, I do not see any way to choose not to show "next turn" info on the status bar.

Ask a Question